Need help with funding your care?
Anyone can arrange care and support services privately and pay for it themselves or use their direct payment funding. However, it is advisable to contact your local social services department first to see whether you are eligible for any financial assistance and what funding sources for care are available to you. You may be entitled to full or partial funding depending on your circumstances.
Details of our client’s local councils are listed below:
Every local council in England uses a national framework from the Department of Health to decide eligibility criteria for financial assistance with adult social care services. Your local social services department will undertake a care assessment and advise you of your eligibility.
Some people who receive financial assistance may choose to use Disabled Living Allowance (DLA), Continuing Health Care (CHC) and/or their pension to fund the cost of their care.
Various forms of financial support are available from the state:
- Direct payments are cash payments paid to individuals by social services (subject to an assessment of needs and eligibility), which allow people to choose their own care company to provide the care services they need. This option gives people the flexibility to alter the type of services if their needs change (for more information, visit the NHS Choices website).
- The Independent Living Fund was set up and financed by central Government for the financial support of disabled people to enable them to live in the community rather than in residential care.
- The Attendance Allowance is a tax-free benefit for people aged 65 and over who need help with personal care because they are mentally or physically disabled.
- Personal budgets are part of the Government’s new way of managing care and support (‘personalisation’), which is designed to ensure that individuals receive the support they need. Personalisation aims to give better advice and information, health and social care, prevention and community support to everyone regardless of their wealth or eligibility for services. A personal budget is a set amount of council money (agreed following an assessment of an individual’s needs) that can be used to arrange and pay for care and support. It can be received as a direct (cash) payment, through a managed account, or as a mixture of the two.
- The Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is an allowance for children and adults with a physical or mental disability who need help with walking or personal care and who are under the age of 65.
I would like to say a big thank you for all your help. It gives my family a break from coming twice a day to see me.
Ringmer, E Sussex
I have nothing but praise for the service I receive.
Uckfield, E Sussex
Thank you all for the amazing care you took of my dad. I feel very blessed to have found such a good care company.
I want to say how grateful I am for all the help you have given to make me feel better. You are wonderful.
Candlelight helped my father during the last weeks of his life and cannot be praised highly enough.
My grateful thanks to the carers who have been so kind and helpful. I have happy memories of all our little chats!
We have had nothing but wholehearted support from your carers that we’ve worked with for Mum’s care.
The carers are always cheerful and I always feel good when they have been to see me.
Wadhurst, E Sussex
The service I receive has always been very good and my life is made much easier by it.
You are not just carers, you are friends and friendship means so much.
I really couldn’t be without them. It is lovely to have carers who really care.
The help of the carers visits to me gives me the confidence to stay in my own flat.
Heathfield, E Sussex
Mum is very pleased with the care she has. The family thank you for the care you give her each day.
We look forward to the four visits we receive each day. The carers are always cheerful and make us laugh.
I’d like to thank you very much for your excellent support and flexibility. It has been very much appreciated.
Bradford on Avon
I shall certainly recommend you to my friends. At a stressful time, your help has been very much appreciated.
I would like to express how delighted we are with the excellent services you have been consistently providing. Thank you.
Your Client Care Plans are very comprehensive and provide us with lots of useful information. Thank you.
Yeovil District Hospital
I cannot speak highly enough of the carers who come to me, I would be lost without them. Thank you.
Shepton Mallet, Somerset
It’s so nice to have the same girls regularly, I feel so comfortable with them.
Shepton Mallet, Somerset