Find advice on the funding and support available to you
Many of the organisations listed below may be able to offer advice on funding or other help and support that might be available:
- Admiral Nurses (specialist Dementia nurses working in the community, with families, carers and supporters of people living with Dementia)
- Age UK (the UK’s largest charity working with and for older people)
- Alzheimer’s Society (a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by Dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland)
- Arthritis Care (a charity with groups across the UK where people can find support and encouragement)
- Carers UK (the voice of carers and a good reference site)
- Diabetes UK (a charity for people with Diabetes)
- Headway (the charity that supports people with a brain injury and those who care for them)
- Huntington’s Disease Association (supports people affected by Huntington’s, provides information and advice to professionals whose task it is to support Huntington’s disease families)
- Lewy Body Society (a charity that aims to fund research into Dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB), also known as Lewy body disease).
- Multiple Sclerosis Society (offers advice and support to people with MS)
- Mind (a mental health charity working to create a better life for everyone with experience of mental distress)
- Parkinson’s Disease Society (the leading charity dedicated to supporting all people with Parkinson’s, their families, friends and carers)
- Rethink Mental Illness (a charity that works together to help everyone affected by severe mental illness)
- Scope (a charity that supports the interests of disabled people)
- Stroke Association (a charity concerned with combating stroke in people of all ages)
- Together (a charity that supports people with mental health needs to get what they want from life and to feel happier).
Mum is very pleased with the care she has. The family thank you for the care you give her each day.
We have had nothing but wholehearted support from your carers that we’ve worked with for Mum’s care.
I would like to say a big thank you for all your help. It gives my family a break from coming twice a day to see me.
Ringmer, E Sussex
I cannot speak highly enough of the carers who come to me, I would be lost without them. Thank you.
Shepton Mallet, Somerset
I shall certainly recommend you to my friends. At a stressful time, your help has been very much appreciated.
Candlelight helped my father during the last weeks of his life and cannot be praised highly enough.
I really couldn’t be without them. It is lovely to have carers who really care.
I have nothing but praise for the service I receive.
Uckfield, E Sussex
You are not just carers, you are friends and friendship means so much.
The carers are always cheerful and I always feel good when they have been to see me.
Wadhurst, E Sussex
My grateful thanks to the carers who have been so kind and helpful. I have happy memories of all our little chats!
Your Client Care Plans are very comprehensive and provide us with lots of useful information. Thank you.
Yeovil District Hospital
It’s so nice to have the same girls regularly, I feel so comfortable with them.
Shepton Mallet, Somerset
Thank you all for the amazing care you took of my dad. I feel very blessed to have found such a good care company.
I want to say how grateful I am for all the help you have given to make me feel better. You are wonderful.
The help of the carers visits to me gives me the confidence to stay in my own flat.
Heathfield, E Sussex
We look forward to the four visits we receive each day. The carers are always cheerful and make us laugh.
I would like to express how delighted we are with the excellent services you have been consistently providing. Thank you.
I’d like to thank you very much for your excellent support and flexibility. It has been very much appreciated.
Bradford on Avon
The service I receive has always been very good and my life is made much easier by it.