Find advice on the funding and support available to you
Many of the organisations listed below may be able to offer advice on funding or other help and support that might be available:
- Admiral Nurses (specialist Dementia nurses working in the community, with families, carers and supporters of people living with Dementia)
- Age UK (the UK’s largest charity working with and for older people)
- Alzheimer’s Society (a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by Dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland)
- Arthritis Care (a charity with groups across the UK where people can find support and encouragement)
- Carers UK (the voice of carers and a good reference site)
- Diabetes UK (a charity for people with Diabetes)
- Headway (the charity that supports people with a brain injury and those who care for them)
- Huntington’s Disease Association (supports people affected by Huntington’s, provides information and advice to professionals whose task it is to support Huntington’s disease families)
- Lewy Body Society (a charity that aims to fund research into Dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB), also known as Lewy body disease).
- Multiple Sclerosis Society (offers advice and support to people with MS)
- Mind (a mental health charity working to create a better life for everyone with experience of mental distress)
- Parkinson’s Disease Society (the leading charity dedicated to supporting all people with Parkinson’s, their families, friends and carers)
- Rethink Mental Illness (a charity that works together to help everyone affected by severe mental illness)
- Scope (a charity that supports the interests of disabled people)
- Stroke Association (a charity concerned with combating stroke in people of all ages)
- Together (a charity that supports people with mental health needs to get what they want from life and to feel happier).
I want to say how grateful I am for all the help you have given to make me feel better. You are wonderful.
It’s so nice to have the same girls regularly, I feel so comfortable with them.
Shepton Mallet, Somerset
We have had nothing but wholehearted support from your carers that we’ve worked with for Mum’s care.
I would like to express how delighted we are with the excellent services you have been consistently providing. Thank you.
Your Client Care Plans are very comprehensive and provide us with lots of useful information. Thank you.
Yeovil District Hospital
Thank you all for the amazing care you took of my dad. I feel very blessed to have found such a good care company.
I shall certainly recommend you to my friends. At a stressful time, your help has been very much appreciated.
The carers are always cheerful and I always feel good when they have been to see me.
Wadhurst, E Sussex
The service I receive has always been very good and my life is made much easier by it.
We look forward to the four visits we receive each day. The carers are always cheerful and make us laugh.