Care and Support Worker
LocationEast Dorset & Poole
Job TypeCare and Support Workers
Salary£9.00 - £10.00
Vacancy valid toDecember 30, 2020
About the Job
We currently have opportunities for both full and part-time Care and Support Workers (up to 35 hrs a week) in Glastonbury, Sherborne, Westbury, Wimborne, Uckfield and the surrounding areas. Whether you are an experienced care professional or completely new to care, we will support you with full training to refresh your skills or to get you started in your new career as a Care and Support Worker.
Everyone at Candlelight Care is family and we want you to feel valued. That’s why we’ve created a training programme that will help you continue to grow and develop as a healthcare professional. As our employee, you will be given all of the tools that you need to feel confident in your caregiving and supported by our team whenever you have questions or concerns.
Due to the nature of the role, your hours must include some evenings and alternate weekends. We can be flexible in return and will support you to have the working hours that suit your lifestyle and commitments.
Already a healthcare professional looking for a company that values its staff and their career development? We’d be delighted to hear from you and will recognise your previous experience/qualifications in your starting salary.
As you will be travelling to your clients, it’s essential that you possess a full driving licence and have access to your own transport.
Looking for a change of career and not sure care is for you?
- Looking for rewarding work that allows you to have a truly meaningful impact on others?
- Are you a people-person? Friendly, reliable and able to put others needs before your own?
- Can you break-the-ice and put people at ease in your company?
- Could you earn the trust of someone’s family as you help their loved one?
- Do you want to experience the joys of using your skills to help others live happier lives?
If you answered yes to the above, you’ve got the qualities to be a great carer and we’d love to hear from you.
As a Care and Support Worker with Candelight Care your responsibilities will include:
- Getting to know your clients, their interests and needs
- Giving emotional and practical support to your clients
- Assisting with personal care (washing, toileting, dressing, food preparation, medication, etc.)
- Supporting their family with new caring responsibilities
- Updating care plans and recording basic tasks on a hand-held device
- Working with other social care professionals to provide personalised care and development plans.
About Candlelight Care
Based in the heart of the South of England, Candlelight Care is a family-owned and family-run business that has been providing a variety of top-notch home care services for over thirty years. As a company with strong values and beliefs, everyone at Candlelight Care is treated with the same care we would expect for ourselves and our own family. We pride ourselves in providing all of our clients, regardless of their circumstances, with the highest quality of care to help them remain independent in their own homes.
Fully rated by the CQC and accredited with Investors in People, we can offer you flexible working practices and great rates of pay. Our training programmes are second-to-none and tailored to your individual role’s responsibilities. We can also offer opportunities for Volunteering, Apprenticeships and Gap Years. Whether it’s our Personal Care, Respite Care or Live-In Care (to name just a few), Candlelight Care’s staff are highly trained and fully supported to give their best for our clients and to develop their own careers. Read more about Careers in Health & Social Care.
As we are absolutely committed to the welfare of our clients, all of our staff go through rigorous pre-employment screening including DBS checks, Protection of Vulnerable Adults (POVA) and Protection of Children (POCA) checks.Online application form ← Return to jobs