Contacts for funding advice
Many of the organisations listed below may be able to offer advice on funding or other help and support that might be available:
- Admiral Nurses (specialist dementia nurses, working in the community, with families, carers and supporters of people with dementia).
- Age UK (the UK’s largest charity working with and for older people).
- Alzheimer's Society (a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland).
- Arthritis Care (a charity with groups across the UK where people can find support and encouragement).
- Carers UK (the voice of carers and a good reference site).
- Diabetes UK (a charity for people with diabetes).
- Headway (the charity that supports people with a brain injury and those who care for them).
- Huntington’s Disease Association (supports people affected by Huntington's and provides information and advice to professionals whose task it is to support Huntington’s disease families).
- Lewy Body Society (a charity that aims to fund research into Dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB), also known as Lewy body disease).
- Multiple Sclerosis Society (offers advice and support to people with MS).
- Mind (a mental health charity working to create a better life for everyone with experience of mental distress).
- Parkinson’s Disease Society (the leading charity dedicated to supporting all people with Parkinson’s, their families, friends and carers).
- Rethink Mental Illness (a charity that works together to help everyone affected by severe mental illness).
- Scope (a charity that supports the interests of disabled people).
- Stroke Association (charity concerned with combating stroke in people of all ages).
- Together (a charity that supports people with mental health needs to get what they want from life and to feel happier).